Episode 208: May the 4th be With You special





It was a great idea for a show when I first did this 12 years ago with KFJC DJ Trinity and had pretty much forgotten all about it until the Idea Fab Lab partner and DJ Top Dolla called me out on Star Wars love as we were talking about how I'm ready to get my kids into the films, and May 4th, aka Star Wars day, was approaching.

I think it worked... I'm largely indebted to Headnodic, as I used a portion of his great jazz/funk DJ mix in the first half of this show before bringing in a few of my own funk records and a more modern remix element. Hope you enjoy it.

Setlist


Headnodic - "Funky Star Wars" (30 minute mix)
Force 7 - "the Force"
Instant Funk - "Dark Vader" on Salsoul Records
Nhan Solo - "Star Wars Cantina"
Noize Tank - "Star Wars Cantina Band"
Ookay - "Star Wars"
Venetian Snares - "Cruel Whole (Abelcain remix)"
Meco - "End Titles"



Popular posts from this blog

Logan 5: 2594 Session Two - Jan 18, 2019

Eccentric Groove with guest DJ Oilpanic Nov. 17, 2012