Episode 214: State of Changefulness

A good night for reflecting on change, transition, and the dangers of resting on one's laurels. In the least abstract discussion of the concept, my DJ software changed on me and all the functions are completely different - so I needed to temper my annoyance at having my cheese moved, and get on the change train. I celebrated minor victories during the show, such as finding the button to play music in stereo instead of mono. This is coupled with the fact of transitioning away from being exclusively a vinyl DJ and becoming a hybrid digital DJ, due to the realities of music distribution.

I'll tell you one thing, though: I've never turned on a turntable and discovered someone had moved the knobs and switches around.

Daft Punk - "Giorgio by Moroder" on columbia
Lindstrøm - "Violent Group" on outergaze
Machine - "There But For the Grace of God Go I (Jacques Renault's edit)"
Jamie Lidell - "The City (Four Tet Mix)" on Warp Records
!!! - "Slyd" on Warp Records
Kris Menace - "2Nite4U (feat. Romanthony)" on Compuphonic
Chromatics - "Cherry" on Italians Do It Better
Pretty Lights - "Yellow Bird" on Pretty Lights Music
Faust & Shortee - "Rezon 8" on Heavy Artillery Recordings
The Chemical Brothers - "Elektrobank (live)"
FC Kahuna - "Growler" on Nettwerk
LFO - "Freak" on Warp Records
Ellen Allien - "Astral" on BPitch Control
Stunp & Symbio - "Wurl" on 530Techno
Audion - "Kisses" on Spectral Sound
KiloWatts - "Windsong (Vital remix)" on Harmonious Discord
Mr. Fingers - "Can You Feel It (Jakobin & Domino's Pump Up the Jam Rework)"
Cosmin TRG - "Gordian" on 50 WEAPONS
I:Cube - "Latecala (2000)" on Versatile Records
Trentemøller - "Sycamore Feeling(Original Mix)" on In My Room

Popular posts from this blog

Logan 5: 2594 Session Two - Jan 18, 2019

Eccentric Groove with guest DJ Oilpanic Nov. 17, 2012